15 August 2017
Get the Perfect Taste of New York During Fashion Week
Find the Best Places to Eat, Shop and More During Your Stay
For one week in September, New York will be the center of the fashion world. Fashionistas, models, and celebrities flock to the city each fall for New York Fashion Week. It’s the perfect opportunity to make the trip to the Big Apple and take in the luxurious ambiance that comes with the event. Stay at some of the most sought-after hotels, check out the trendiest restaurants, and shop at the top designer stores. Join in on the action with VIP tickets that offer backstage access and admission to the week’s top after parties. Below we’ve come up with a guide so you can get the most out of your trip:
Plan Your Stay
There are a few options when it comes to booking a hotel for New York Fashion week, depending on how close you want to be to the action. You can opt for a hotel where you’ll likely run into some of the top industry names and wander into some swanky after parties. Otherwise, you can stay a bit further away and indulge in some of the top penthouse suites in the city.
If you’re after a more stylish, immersive stay during NYFW we recommend the Gramercy Park Hotel. The hotel’s Rose and Jade Bars are popular after-party spots for the top designers, editors, and models in the industry. We recommend going with the Park View Luxury Suite, which offers high-end amenities as well as a private key to Gramercy Park and advanced reservations at the Rose Bar.
For more of an escape after a long day of activities, we recommend going to the New York Edition hotel. At the heart of midtown, it offers beautiful views of Madison Square Park. Its marquee suites include walk-in closets, imported silk linens, a rainforest shower, and spacious living areas.
A Taste of the City
High-fashion is all about grandeur, and it should be no different when planning your meals. New York City has one of the best culinary scenes in the world with six 3-star Michelin restaurants. Below we highlight some of the top options from legendary establishments to new, unique offerings.
- Masa: A 3-star restaurant offering a fixed-price sushi menu, it’s known for its breathtaking taste and preparation as well as its fresh ingredients. This spot is for the adventurous, as you’re not given a preview of the menu before you arrive.
- Le CouCou: For something classic, there's no going wrong with traditional high-end French cuisine. There's no fancy tricks or fanciful plating at this spot, just a lot of cream-and-butter sauces and fatty meats.
- ABCV: For something truly unique, there’s the latest opening from legendary chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The restaurant offers an entirely vegan menu based on veggies, noodles, grains, and pancakes. For drinks, enjoy some kombucha, cold-pressed juices, or biodynamic wines.
What to Do
- Take in the Shows: If there’s no particular designer that you’re dying to see, the easiest way to get a feel for New York Fashion Week is to get platinum VIP tickets to the Couture show. The tickets get you prime front-row seating for the shows, a backstage tour, red carpet-photo ops and admission to some of the most exclusive after parties.
- Go on a Spree: No trip to New York would be complete without a stop at the city’s top designer shops on Madison and Fifth Avenue. Get the latest pieces from the likes of Roberto Cavalli, Chloe, Armani, and Tiffany & Co.
- Embrace the Culture: When taking in some of NYC’s renowned museums, we recommend going to the Frank Lloyd Wright exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art. The show features his 450 works through drawings, photographs, film, and paintings. With VIP tickets you can go in before the museum opens to avoid the crowds.
- Give the Hubs a Break: If you’re having a tough time getting the men to tag along, get them some VIP passes to the US Open. Join your peers in Arthur Ashe Stadium’s premium box seats as they take in the top names in tennis.
New York Fashion Week is the perfect opportunity to take in the city's most luxurious side. Through the city's diverse offerings, you're sure to find something that the entire family will enjoy. With high-end fashion, dining, shopping and more, it's time for you to indulge. If you want to receive more lifestyle tips, subscribe to our monthly learning journal.