What Makes BRAVAS Better Than Other Home Automation Companies?
The National Canine Defense League was looking in the 1970s for a catchy phrase that could protect the dogs that were purchased in haste at Christmas time and then not wanted by spring. They came up with the line: 'A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.'
The same idea may be accurate for the partner you pick to do your home automation work. When you choose an automation company to do the job, like selecting a General Contractor (GC) to help build your house, you expect what they will deliver when they are done. But unlike your GC, your smart home is a living and changing system, and you need to ensure they will be with you long past the end of the job. Maybe the BRAVAS slogan should be, "we are not just there to install something; we are there for the life of your usage of it." Not quite so catchy!
In the book Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut memorably says, "In this world, you get what you pay for." The same is true for your choice home automation company. But conversely, no one wants to overpay for anything. We all like a good deal. So, when the price of a proposal from someone like BRAVAS is higher than competitors, what would make that cost delta - other than just increased markup or labor rates?
At BRAVAS, we believe there are at least nine reasons we are better than most competitors. Even if you do not choose to go with BRAVAS, this list may be helpful to have and go through with your home automation installer, or customer installer, as we have been called.
- Warranty - BRAVAS offers a 2-year warranty on parts and labor (with a few exceptions) and a third year for those with a service contract. Make sure you know what costs you will have when things go wrong - because things go wrong.
- Response time - when things go wrong, how responsive will your supplier be to help you? It's great that you have the CEO's business card and cell phone number, but they aren't the person who will solve your problem. They shout at someone else. Better you get to the person who can solve your problem quickly. BRAVAS can provide access to the right people when you need them through our service lines.
- Access to products - some integration companies only represent a small number of suppliers, and that is a logical approach for a resource-limited company. Because of our size, BRAVAS probably has access to all the products you will ever need, and for the critical suppliers in the industry, we are probably their biggest customer.
- Access to people - as well as access to products, it matters if your CI has rapid access to skills. With the most significant number of technicians of any residential CI, BRAVAS has access to a vast pool of the most intelligent people in most areas.
- Experience - often, when a CI says, "I could do that," you need to ask, "but have you done it before?" Looking at the BRAVAS Solution Guide, every picture, except for some product shots, is a job we have done in the last few years. Experience matters.
- Financial security - many small CIs are businesses with very few employees and a short-term focus. That doesn't mean they wouldn't do great work for you today; it just means they may not be there tomorrow. BRAVAS, with our size and financial backing, are in this for the long haul!
- Drawings and plans - another area someone like BRAVAS can make a difference is in providing drawings, plans, and other technical documents. We understand how important this is to your team, and we want to play our part.
- References - every year, BRAVAS works in around 3,500 luxury homes across the US. While your job may be unique, it might look like one we have done before, and we would love to provide a reference.
- National reach - we have many clients who have homes in more than one area. For them, BRAVAS operates in 15 cities across the US, and can ensure they get the same service level and experience in different cities.
Not all these reasons are necessarily valuable to you and the project you have in front of you, but they are all worth considering. I don't know who first said that there was no such thing as a free lunch, but when it comes to making your beautiful place a smart space, make sure you don't live with a discount solution. It will spoil all the money you spent making your home the place you want to live.