Make Your Outdoor Spaces Amazing
Learn How to Make the Most of These Five Outdoor Spaces
Your home’s outdoor spaces should be inviting and useful, a place where you can relax and entertain with ease. If you really want to make your backyard stand out, this guide is for you. We’ve compiled the main features that you need to make every area of your outdoor space absolutely stunning. Read on to learn more.
1. Your Patio
The patio is likely a part of your outdoor space where you spend the most time, so equip it with everything you need for a relaxing time outside.
- The TV: Start with a large screen 4K UHD television mounted on the wall. Remember to choose a brand specifically designed for outdoor use so that your TV isn’t compromised by rain, wind, or sunlight.
- The Seating: Your patio’s seating should accommodate both large groups of people as well as cozier spots for private conversations. The seating is a great opportunity to promote a certain design or vibe for your outdoor space.
- The Grill: No patio is complete without a grill. Go a step further and create an outdoor kitchen space with a sink, wine cooler, and countertop to make it easy to prepare your food for grilling.
- The Fire Pit: For cool evenings, add ambiance to your patio with a fireplace or fire pit. May we recommend a glass fire pit, which creates a gorgeous aesthetic while simultaneously cutting down on smoke and ashes.
2. Your Pool
A pool on its own can add a lot of appeal to a backyard, but how do you make your pool even more exciting? Here are a few ways:
- Lighting: Illuminate your pool at night by integrating lighting directly into the pool’s surface. You can adjust the brightness and color of the lights to fit the occasion: fun, colorful lights for a giant party or a soft blue for a small get-together.
- Spa area: The main area of your pool is great for swimming laps, but what about when you just want to sit back and relax? Add a
- Jacuzzi or spa to your pool so that you can hop from one area to the other. Not only does this add convenience, but it also adds dimension to your pool for greater aesthetic appeal.
- Bar: A bar is another great way to add excitement and dimension to a regular pool. Your guests can swim right up to the bar area and enjoy a drink as they cool off in the water.
3. Your Landscaping
There’s something to be said for immaculate, simple lawn, but if you want the landscaping to be breathtaking, take note of these ideas:
- Water features: Creeks, fountains, waterfalls, and other water features provide both visual beauty and audio depth to your outdoor areas. Incorporate standalone water features along walls, pathways, and seating areas or add waterfalls to a pool to create movement that draws the eye straight toward the flowing water feature.
- Plant Life: Topiaries, trees, and other greenery can transform your lawn into a lush paradise. The types of plant life you choose go a long way toward promoting a certain feel. The important thing is to fit each topiary or plant to the space, creating a cohesive design that flows from one area to the next.
- Lighting: Whatever landscaping features you choose, you’ll want them to be clearly visible in the evening. Emphasize your landscaping with outdoor lighting that is strategically placed to highlight the best areas of your outdoor space.
- Speakers: Make it easy for your guests to enjoy high fidelity music as they walk through your outdoor space with high-end outdoor speakers. Choose speakers that are designed to be hidden amongst the landscaping so that they don’t compromise the natural beauty of the outdoor environment.
4. Your Home’s Exterior
The architectural finishes on your home should be uncluttered and clear to see at any time of the day. Here’s how to accomplish that:
- Lighting: Incorporate wash lights, flood lights, and accent lighting to showcase your home’s best architectural features. With smart lighting control, you can automate exactly when your outdoor lights turn on, without any effort on your part.
- Speakers: The walls of your home are a perfect place to put speakers for outdoor audio, but that doesn’t mean you have to clutter your walls with unsightly speakers. Many outdoor audio brands now offer speakers that are designed to be completely hidden without compromising on sound quality. And, under eave options give another level of visible stealth.
5. Your Pathways
Get more from your outdoor space with pathways strategically designed to promote its best features.
- Location: Your pathways should be more than just a straight line from the driveway to the patio. Use this opportunity to guide your guests past fountains, topiaries, outdoor artwork, and more so that they can take in the full extent of your home’s beauty.
- Lighting: Well-lit pathways are essential for any outdoor space. Incorporate the lighting type into your outdoor design—for a fun and casual look, add tiki torches along pathways. For a more sophisticated feel, go with subtle path lights designed to illuminate the way without flooding the whole area with light. By adding a lighting control system, you can adjust the pathway lighting to light up certain areas, making it easy for guests to find the right path to the party or main entryway.
Take your outdoor space from bland and boring to truly amazing by incorporating the elements above into each area. To learn more about how one of the Bravas’ experts can help you make your home’s spaces more convenient and luxurious, contact your local partner today!