Reports To: Service Manager
Objective: To provide excellent quality of service and customer experience while meeting industry standards and ensuring accurate revenue reflection.
Summary of Position:
The Service Technician is responsible for servicing products at customer’s job site. The ability to troubleshoot all aspects of A/V components is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process incoming service request and determine urgency
- Configure internet and 2 gig relays for alarms
- Activating and set up monitoring for customer’s alarm systems
- Be able to follow different city/state requirements for alarms and security plans
- Remote access customer systems and repair network-based solutions
- Set up remote monitoring systems and enroll customers in service plans
- Work with the Service Manager and others to track and eliminate reoccurring issues
- Honestly and accurately coordinate with Tech Support provided by manufacturers
- Coordinate advanced replacements
- Work with small projects on upsell and replacements sales
- Determine & collect any billable labor & materials as applicable
- Coordinate with buyers to ensure accurate procurement of parts required as needed
- Accurately set completion deadlines and expectations for clients
- Set up, configure, program, and troubleshoot networks, control systems, cameras and NVRs
- Review, react, & update daily work orders in job management software
- Accurate time clock entries and job costing
- Make decisions and be held accountable to Time and Materials
- Client training and customer service.
- On call rotation maybe required
- Local travel to job sites required
- Provide training or communication to disseminate pertinent information as required
- Fiscal responsibility for all assets assigned and property within Technician’s care
- Customer service, including the ability to work with high profile and high demand customers
- Guardianship and preservation of client confidentiality and network/home security
- Adherence to state and federal laws, including adherence to traffic laws
The Service Technician must possess an understanding of all systems including audio, video, security, lighting and integration of all installed brands. Must be able to read house plans other job site related documentation. Basic wiring and connectivity skills as it pertains to low voltage standards. Trouble shooting skills are essential. Basic computer skills with the ability to become competent in in house job management software.
Salary:Pay Grade R + based on individual qualifications
- Flexibility to meet customer demands outside of normal working hours
- Must be able to lift and carry 60lbs
- May require standing or stooping for extended periods
- Ability to work in tight spaces & at ladder height
- Valid Texas driver's license, clean driving record, and criminal background
- Security license preferred for service technicians, required for security technicians
*A job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.