Reports To: Senior System Designer, Design & Engineering Manager, Chief Operating Officer
Objective: To ensure excellent customer experiences by providing accurate, innovative, reliable, and intuitive system designs, while maintaining the appropriate balance between profitability for the company and competitive pricing for the client.
Summary of Position:
The System Designer is responsible for taking the input from the sales team and turning it into a functional and profitable system to install. The solutions will need to be accurate and competitive in order to assist the sales team close more sales.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research product and make recommendations to the sales team and buyer based on functionality.
- Produce documents to assist technical department with installation including but not limited to plans, drawings, and elevations.
- Coordinate with sales and engineering to develop solutions based on client intake information, site assessments, and sales team instructions.
- Create new and innovative ways to obtain desired results while adhering to budget and product constraints.
- Meet with Sales during the initial design process to ensure all necessary aspects of functionality are included. Attendance at site visits will be required as necessary.
- Understand and adhere to company standards on product/labor mix, margin, and revenue per technician.
- Understand and adhere to company standards on product labor attachments and revenue assessment for off-site labor hours (i.e., Programming time, travel time, etc.).
- Attend post install meetings with Project Managers to obtain feedback on design improvements.
- Review sales order, product list and elevations with PM, Programmer and Rack Technician.
- Update project documentation and work orders in job management software.
- Provide product to bench test and demo to in-house team before specifying into actual proposals.
- Contact vendor and industry experts regarding any new equipment or engineering issues.
- Provide remote support for other techs in the field.
- Occasionally travel to sites to witness systems in use.
- Provide training or communication to disseminate pertinent information to other techs in the field.
- Fiscal responsibility for all assets assigned and property within Designer’s care.
- Customer service, including ability to work with high-profile and high-demand customers.
- Guardianship and preservation of client confidentiality and network/home security.
- Adherence to state and federal laws, including adherence to traffic laws.
Required skills, experience, and aptitudes:
- System Design of Savant, Elan, and/or Control 4.
- Minimum 2 years system design experience.
- Ability to read and construct documentation such as house plans, lighting diagrams, etc.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Possess an understanding of all AV systems including audio, video, security, lighting, and integration of all installed brands.
- Ability to communicate with the sales team and project managers is critical.
- Must pursue continuing education on systems including audio, video, security, lighting.
- Technical aptitude.
- Flexibility to meet customer demands outside of normal working hours.
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and criminal background.
- System design of Crestron or Lutron a plus.
- Sales, installation, or programming experience a plus
- CAD, Visio, iPoint knowledge preferred.
- May require standing or sitting for extended periods.
Salary: Based on individual experience
*A job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.