Reports to: General Manager
The Staff Accountant supports the company’s finance and accounting department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization, month-end close processes, accounts payable and accounts receivable, and process documentation and improvement. This position will support the local office and serve as local financial support, providing guidance to the Executive staff and producing accurate and timely financial information for financial leadership. This position requires interaction with both local operations and corporate finance leadership teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial activities of the local office and maintain the general ledger and sub ledgers in accordance with GAAP and company policy, including month-end close.
- Monthly reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Use Quickbooks and associated systems to enter sales orders, track inventory, recognize revenue and feed data as necessary to produce branch financial statements for inclusion in management reports and company consolidations including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, budget comparisons, bank compliance certificates, annual budgets and audit reports.
- Calculation of sales commissions.
- Recording of all payroll-related activities.
- Analysis of contracts and contract billing as needed to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
- Oversees but remains responsible for by others:
- Contract and other billing
- Accounts Payable Processes.
- Respond to GM, CFO, and Corporate Controller as assigned with accurate and timely information.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports as needed.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales tax, financial statement compilation and review.
- Working knowledge of consolidating and intercompany activities required.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills required.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Knowledge of computer technology -- working connection with the company’s financial and operating systems and programs.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word or similar tools.
- Quickbooks experience
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant hands-on accounting experience.
- CPA designation is a plus.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Fast growing company experience helpful.