Reports To: Operations and/or Electric Manager
Objective: To provide excellent quality of design, deployment, servicing & customer experience of Lutron control systems and their peripherals.
Summary of Position:
The Lutron Programmer is responsible for coordinating all aspects and resources necessary to install and service products on multiple customer projects. The Lutron Specialist will need to communicate with the lead technicians, trim technicians, electricians, Project Manager (A/V and Electric) and Operations manager. Organizing supplies and job documentation will be among daily duties in addition to travel to job sites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget
- Ensure projects meet client’s expectations and satisfaction.
- Ensure quality of installation and all national and local electric codes are met at all times.
- Assist in the installation of lighting, shading and associated control systems.
- Coordinate with other subcontractors as needed.
- Coordinate with other trades as needed
- Communicate daily progress on ongoing installation and programming projects to Project Manager
- Assist other technicians/electricians/programmers within the company with Lutron products.
- Manage company assets- laptops, tablets, phone and company vehicle
- Manage in-project changes and necessary documentation/billing and report items to Project Manager.
- Proactive communication with Operations team, builders, clients to ensure smooth project flow
- Coordinate with Purchasing/Project Manager for timely ordering of materials
- Demonstrate proficiency in communication on client networks
- Perform or oversee demo to client and punch list follow-up for program changes and additions
Qualifications The Lutron Specialist must have:
- Previous electrical or control system experience or relative examples of large project completion.
- Ability to read house plans other job site related documentation.
- Advanced communications skills in both written and verbal disciplines.
- Basic wiring and connectivity skills as it pertains to low and high voltage standards.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to become competent with in house job management software and manufacturer software(s).
- Attention to detail, particularly regarding key component placement, system wiring and design.
Salary:Pay based on individual qualifications
- Proof of legal right to work in the U.S.
- Flexibility to meet customer demands outside of normal working hours
- May require standing or stooping for extended periods
- Ability to work in tight spaces & at ladder height
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and criminal background
- Electric License(s) highly preferred
- Must pursue continuing education on systems including lighting, shading, HVAC and control
*A job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.