Reports To: Operations Manager or Service Manager
Objective: To properly and completely perform service on any and all accounts required; to assist in installation process as deemed necessary.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively and confidently with clients.
- Perform service on existing and new accounts as required.
- Perform Service Agreement service on periodic basis as outlined in Agreements.
- Spearhead 24 hour support.
- Handling project emergencies as they arise.
- Perform punch list items on jobs as required.
- Complete all necessary documentation for job including Service Call form, Material Order form, Monitoring Account Changes, Add-On/Work Order form and any others required.
- Collect money at completion of Service work.
- Provide feedback to Project Manager regarding challenges, changes, unforeseen issues, etc.
- Programming of Lutron, Control 4, Crestron, Elan, and Savant devices.
- Mentor other technicians as appropriate.
- Installation of wiring/equipment as directed.
- Finish project to BRAVAS standards.
- Ensure work environment is kept neat and clean.
- Update client on progress and system operation as necessary.
- Active participation in On-Call rotation.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have experience/certification with Lutron, Crestron, Control 4, Elan, and Savant
- Must pursue continuing education on systems including audio, video, security, lighting
- Must be able to read house plans and other job site related documentation
- Advanced communications skills in both written and verbal disciplines
- Basic wiring and connectivity skills as it pertains to low voltage standards
- Trouble shooting skills are essential
- Attention to detail, particularly regarding key component placement & system wiring
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software; networking
- Capability of lifting and carrying 50 pounds
- Two years of Technical School
- Minimum four years field experience in related markets
- High School diploma
- HAA and ISF certification highly preferred
- CEDIA coursework preferred
Compensation: based on individual qualifications, typically $28-$30/hr
- Flexibility to meet customer demands outside of normal working hours
- May require standing or stooping for extended periods
- Ability to work in tight spaces & at ladder height
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and criminal background
*A job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.