Reports To: Regional Director of Sales, or General Manager
Objective: To ensure excellent customer experiences and capture revenues for the company by providing accurate, innovative, reliable, and intuitive systems, while maintaining the appropriate balance between profitability for the company and competitive pricing for the client.
Summary of Position:
The Sales Specialist is responsible for developing new relationships with clients, educating them, and assessing how our products can enhance their lifestyle. This role shepherds the client through the Engineering & Design and initial deposit process, then assists with the transition to the project manager and installation team, and finally to the service department. The relationship should remain intact with the client beyond that transition and throughout the lifecycle of the client, as their technology needs evolve.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research product and make recommendations to the client based on functionality.
- Produce documents to assist the Design & Engineering team with developing the custom quotation. Such documents may include but not be limited to plans, drawings and intake information.
- Coordinate with D&E to develop solutions based on client intake information, site assessments, and client wants & desires based upon their lifestyle and budget.
- Create new and innovative ways to obtain desired results while adhering to budget and product constraints.
- Ensure quotations produced by D&E contain systems and products that meet all client expectations & needs, contain the desired functionality intended, and meet or exceed company expectations on profitability while staying within client budgetary needs.
- Understand and adhere to company standards on product/labor mix, margin, and revenue per technician
- Understand and adhere to company standards on product labor attachments and revenue assessment for off-site labor hours (ie. Programming time, travel time, etc.)
- Attend post install meetings with Project managers to obtain feedback on design & quotation improvements
- Update project documentation in job management software
- Local travel to sites for client meetings, site surveys, training, testing or quality control as appropriate.
- Fiscal responsibility for all assets assigned and property within Sales Specialist’s care
- Customer service, including ability to work with high profile and high demand customers
- Guardianship and preservation of client confidentiality and network/home security
- Adherence to state and federal laws, including adherence to traffic laws.
The System Designer must possess an understanding of all AV systems including audio, video, security, lighting and integration of all installed brands. They must also be able to read and comprehend documentation such as house plans, lighting diagrams etc. The ability to communicate with the D&E team and project managers is paramount. Must pursue continuing education on systems including audio, video, security, lighting.
Salary:V+ based on individual experience
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail are paramount
- Flexibility to meet customer demands outside of normal working hours
- May require standing or sitting for extended periods
- Valid Texas driver's license, clean driving record, and criminal background
*A job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.