Reports To: Lead Technician or Operations Manager
Objective: To provide excellent quality of installation & customer experience while meeting industry standards and completing assigned projects on time and under budget.
The Technician provides excellent quality of installation & customer experience while meeting industry standards and completing assigned projects on time and under budget.
Summary of Position:
The Technician is responsible for assisting the Lead Technicians with installing products at customer’s job site. Organizing supplies, product, and transportation of high value equipment to job site will be among daily duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting with all aspects of onsite installation of AV systems
- Basic installations may be performed with little supervision
- Manage van stock and tools as well as van maintenance and appearance
- Communicate effectively with and take direction from the Lead Technician
- Running wires and cables
- Trim out speakers
- Local travel to job sites required
- Customer service, including the ability to work with high profile and high demand customers
- Guardianship and preservation of client confidentiality and network/home security
- Adherence to state and federal laws, including adherence to traffic laws
- Basic understanding of audio, video, security, lighting, and integration systems
- Retrofit experience, a plus
- Ability to read house plans or other job site related documentation, a plus
- Basic wiring and connectivity skills as it pertains to low voltage standards, a plus
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer skills with the ability to become competent with in-house job management software
- Attention to detail, particularly regarding key component placement & system wiring.
- Must be willing to pursue continuing education on systems including audio, video, security, lighting.
- Flexibility to meet customer demands outside of normal working hours
- Must be able to lift and carry 60lbs
- May require standing or stooping for extended periods
- Ability to work in tight spaces & at ladder height
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and criminal background
*A job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.